Please read these notices carefully before using the WebBabyShower family of websites including content and services offered at the webbabyshower.com and mywebbabyshower.com domain names. Your use of these site(s) implies your acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not accept, do not use these site(s), referred to collectively as “WebBabyShower”.
All contents of the webbabyshower.com and mywebbabyshower.com websites are copyright ©2000 – 2017 Lilypad Media LLC and/or its suppliers, Asheville, NC, U.S.A. All rights reserved.
WebBabyShowerTM and Birthday BetsTM are trademarks of Lilypad Media LLC. WebBabyShower is fully owned and operated by Lilypad Media LLC.
All ticker materials including the text, website design, logos, graphics, icons, and images are the sole property and copyright of their respective owners.
WebBabyShower is for the users’ personal, noncommercial use. Users may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products, or services obtained from WebBabyShower without expressed, written consent from Lilypad Media LLC.
Use of WebBabyShower implies your agreement to these terms:
WEBBABYSHOWER SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY.
WebBabyShower is not responsible for the success or failure of your baby shower event or any other event. Use At Your Own Risk. No refunds. See Refund Policy and Disclaimers below for more information.
WebBabyShower is meant for active, online participation.
- When your WebBabyShower is set up, it will be given an initial expiration date of 6 months or 12 months from the date of purchase depending on which plan you chose. All WebBabyShowers are ended at approximately 4:00PM Eastern US on the expiration date.
- Please be aware the URL you choose when setting up your shower cannot be changed so please check it carefully before moving to the next step.
- Each WebBabyShower is intended for exactly one expecting couple or single parent only. You may not have a “combined” WebBabyShower for more than one expecting mother or couple, nor for a group of expecting parents.
- WebBabyShower can be used for adoption showers but the maximum length of service for adoption showers is 6 months and your WebBabyShower will end regardless of whether the adoption is complete. Please note that most of the features, at this time, are more pregnancy and birth oriented.
- WebBabyShower is for PERSONAL USE ONLY by expecting parents and their families and close friends only.
- WebBabyShower is not meant for celebrities or other public figures. If you create a WebBabyShower for a celebrity or public figure without authorization, it will be taken down without notice and with no refund. Any public figures who wish to use WebBabyShower should contact Lilypad Media directly before submitting any payment.
- Please understand that WebBabyShower is not a storage or backup service and should not be used as such. While we work hard to ensure the quality of the service and have general backups “in case”, we cannot guarantee that we can backup large files or large quantities of files. Please make sure your photos, videos, and other electronic media are safely backed up on your computer or other storage or backup service. Your WebBabyShower materials will not be available for download once your shower ends, so make sure you have stored everything securely somewhere else before your shower ends.
In order to use virtual baby shower services offered at WebBabyShower, you MUST make sure that your computer or device meets the following requirements:
- https://webbabyshower.com and https://mywebbabyshower.com are whitelisted in your web browser, anti-virus and firewall. WebBabyShower is not responsible for content or functionality that is blocked by these security programs.
- You are not attempting to access WebBabyShower from a place of business, via an employer’s or institutional VPN (or any VPN that restricts access to websites and/or blocks email), or on any computer or device configured to connect to an institutional VPN, even if you are not connected to the VPN
- You must ensure that email from webbabyshower.com and mywebbabyshower.com will reach your email InBox. It is up to you to determine how to whitelist email from our domains while you are using our services. For more information, please see also: Privacy and Anti-Spam policies
- You must use the most recently released, upgraded version of your web browser of choice. WebBabyShower cannot and will not support outdated web browsers.
Fees & Cancellation
All fees are charged in USD (US Dollars).
We currently offer a full refund within 7 days of signup. We ask that you please contact support with any issue you are having before requesting a refund so we have a chance to resolve your issue, we want your experience to be a great one.
WebBabyShower set-up fee payments are handled by our online signup form with secure, PCI compliant credit card processing by Stripe.com and PayPal.
Once your shower is set up, you can use your WebBabyShower, according to the Terms of Service, without any further fees or charges until the expiration date based on your plan.
The 7-day refund applies to all plans including the monthly plan. If the monthly plan is canceled after this time re-billing will end but no monthly fees will be refunded. Any coupon applied to your initial purchase will only apply to the initial purchase.
Length of Service
The WebBabyShower Set Up fee initially includes service for up to 30 days past the expected due or adoption date. If the baby is already born or if the due date is close, you will be given a minimum of 60 day’s service. There is a maximum length of service of up to 6 months for the base plan. For longer terms, you can upgrade.
All WebBabyShowers are ended at at approximately 2:00 PM Eastern US on their expiration date.
Baby showers are not kept online past the expiration date. Once your shower expires neither you or our support staff will not be able to access it or create a keepsake. Please make any changes to your Guest Book, Photos, Birthday Bets and so forth and print and/or save the data before your WebBabyShower ends. Your WebBabyShower’s expiration date can be found in the Host Control Panel main page in the “Your WebBabyShower Details” section.
Customer Support Terms of Service and Scope
WebBabyShower Customer Support is available via email on our customer support portal. Customer support is provided for pre-sales questions and issues strictly concerning the technical operation of and access to the WebBabyShower service.
Customer support is not available for administering or applying advanced editing features available through the Host Control Panel, for example, but not limited to, custom backgrounds and text formatting. The service is offered “As Is” and any HTML or CSS additions are not possible.
Customer Support is also not available for detailed training on how to use the WebBabyShower website. It is up to WebBabyShower hosts and guests to be familiar with the general use of the Internet, websites, email and social media and to avail themselves of WebBabyShower Help documents to learn to use WebBabyShower in particular.
Personal Use Only
Information on WebBabyShower is intended for personal purposes only, for communication among friends and families of expecting, adopting, and new parents only. The use of WebBabyShower or information contained herein for any other purpose is strictly prohibited.
Hosting And Participating In WebBabyShowers
All participation at WebBabyShower (Guest Book messages, games, photos, videos, etc) must be made by individuals directly invited to each shower, must be related to the subject matter, and be in good taste. Participation found to be vulgar or otherwise inappropriate by Lilypad Media, in its sole discretion, will be removed without notice. Lilypad Media reserves the right to refuse service at any time for any reason.
WebBabyShower hosts also have the right, responsibility and ability to remove any undesired postings from their WebBabyShowers and to request that unwanted visitors be banned from the WebBabyShower. Please note that Hosts must use the “ban” feature responsibly and only in the cases of true abuse or unwanted guests. Blocking someone from using WebBabyShower is a serious matter and must be treated with respect. Abuse of the “ban” feature can result in the termination of WebBabyShower services without refund or notice.
In addition, if you submit pictures, videos, other electronic media, poetry/prose, or other writing for inclusion on a WebBaby Shower, whether, by electronic or other means, you give permission for Lilypad Media to use the materials on its website(s), and confirm that you have the authority to grant such permission to Lilypad Media.
Please understand that WebBabyShower is not a storage or backup service and should not be used as such. While we take steps to ensure the safety and integrity of your data while your shower is in progress, please make sure your photos, videos and other electronic media are safely backed up on your computer or other storage device or backup service. As stated above, your WebBabyShower materials will not be available for download once your shower ends, so make sure you have stored everything securely somewhere else before your shower ends.
Children Under 13 Should Not Use WebBabyShower
While WebBabyShower is a family-friendly website, it is not intended for use by children under age 13. If you are under 13 years of age please have your parents or legal guardian participate on WebBabyShower on your behalf.
Any personal contact information (email addresses, IP addresses, phone numbers or addresses) is collected on WebBabyShower for identification verification (when posting messages) or direct communication (newsletter, message board update notifications, online invitations, delivery of Keepsake products and services) purposes only. Your guest contact information (if any) will be used to invite guests to your WebBabyShower. At your request, Lilypad Media may send reminders to your guests on your behalf. Lilypad Media may also send a post-event email to you and your guests. Lilypad Media does not sell, share or otherwise provide any host or guests’ contact information with any third party without your consent, unless required by law, court order or as required to technically operate the service.
In order to ensure the integrity of the WebBabyShower online service, it is necessary to at all times have a valid, full name and contact information for the host on file. It is also necessary to have a valid, full name for expecting parents. If you have any questions or concerns about protecting the privacy of the host and/or expecting family, please contact WebBabyShower FIRST before making any changes to the names involved on your WebBabyShower. Please do not enter false names, screen names, or irrelevant data into any required name field or your WebBabyShower may be terminated without notice and without refund.
If you have been invited to a WebBabyShower, you may remove your email address from the guest list by using the link provided in the invitation email. Once your email address is removed from the guest list, the host will no longer be able to email you via the WebBabyShower website and will not be able to re-list your email address for that WebBabyShower. However, if you have more than one email address or if you are invited to another WebBabyShower/Lilypad Media event then it will be possible for a host to add you to the guest list again or contact you via WebBabyShower. It is not possible for Lilypad Media to prevent host(s) from contacting you via means outside of WebBabyShower/Lilypad Media and Lilypad Media cannot be held responsible for such events.
Lilypad Media closely monitors all activity on the WebBabyShower website and provides the hosts with tools for removing any unwanted participation and banning any uninvited or abusive guests. Your shower will be hidden from google searches and the only way for people to access your shower is through the unique URL you choose during onboarding.
WebBabyShower is a private, unlisted, virtual baby shower website provider. If you are hosting a Web Baby Shower, you must use the unlisted link that is emailed to you in the “Your WebBabyShower is Ready!” email when you sign up. If you are a guest of a WebBabyShower, you must use the unlisted link that is emailed or shared with you by the host. The only way to find a WebBabyShower is by using the private, unlisted link to it. At this time you cannot search for a WebBabyShower (because then everyone else would be able to) and you cannot log into your Host Control Panel through the main webbabyshower.com website.
How Your Information Is Used At WebBabyShower
Lilypad Media may use the information you submit in these ways:
- As stated in the privacy notice above, Lilypad Media uses email addresses and other contact information you submit for direct communication with you regarding your (or your guests’) activity on this site.
- Messages you submit to WebBabyShower are displayed on the site while the shower is active. Lilypad Media reserves the right to use your message (in whole or part) for marketing purposes, but will do its best to contact you for explicit permission beforehand.
- Online Registry information will be used to place a link from your WebBabyShower to the family’s online registries. See “Linking To Online Registries” below.
- IP addresses are collected to ensure the privacy and integrity of each WebBabyShower and the integrity of the WebBabyShower newsletter. IP addresses are only used when abuse of the site or newsletter is suspected to determine the origination of any offensive or otherwise inappropriate activity on the site or newsletter. In the cases of customer surveys and contests IP addresses are collected and used to ensure that only one unique response is allowed per person.
- Photos that are uploaded to WebBabyShower are used only for the “Photo Album” of the specific WebBabyShower they are uploaded to and for printing the related printer-friendly keepsake. Photos are not used for any other purpose without obtaining prior permission and are completely removed from the WebBabyShower system approximately one month after the WebBabyShower ends.
- Any contact information submitted by guests while submitting comments and/or playing the online games (Birthday BetsTM, quiz games, photo games, etc) is shared with the host of the WebBabyShower for the purposes of assisting the host in contacting the winner of the game(s) and in keeping guests updated about the progress of the online shower and/or expecting parents. Submitting your contact information while participating in the online games is optional. Lilypad Media does not sell, share or otherwise provide any host or guests’ contact information to any party outside of your individual WebBabyShower without your consent, unless required by law, court order or as required to technically operate the service.
- If you use the Announce The Birth online birth announcement feature, you can opt-in to be included in the monthly “Welcome Babies” announcement on WebBabyShower’s social media pages. This is completely voluntary and you are able to choose a screen name specifically for the social media welcome babies announcement.
- WebBabyShower also keep stats as to popularity of baby first and middle names; these statistics are anonymized & aggregated periodically (monthly, semi-annually or annually)
- If you choose to participate in the optional Customer Satisfaction Survey or submit a Customer Testimonial at the conclusion of your WebBabyShower, Lilypad Media reserves the right to use the information and materials you submit with the survey or testimonial on the WebBabyShower website and social media venues.
- The sales site at webbabyshower.com does collect traffic and visitor data for marketing purposes.
Inactive WebBabyShowers or Inappropriate Use
Lilypad Media provides its services with the intention of active visitor participation. If a Web Baby Shower is not used (eg: no photos or gift registries added, no customizations are made to the WebBabyShower, no messages are posted) for a period of two weeks or more, Lilypad Media reserves the right to remove the Web Baby Shower without notice. Furthermore, WebBaby Shower is a family-friendly site. Any online showers that contain inappropriate content or photos will be removed without notice. No refunds are given for online showers that are removed due to inactivity or other inappropriate use.
Using The Host Control Panel Guest List Manager
In order to facilitate sending email invitations and reminders to your guests, WebBabyShower provides a Guest List Manager for each online celebration. This functionality is designed for the sole purpose of inviting guests to the WebBabyShower website. In order to comply with Federal and local anti-spam regulations, emails sent from the WebBabyShower website can ONLY promote the WebBaby Shower website. This policy is in accordance with the 2003 Federal “CAN SPAM” Act and any violations will result in the immediate termination of your online celebration without refund. Violating Federal law can lead to the complete shut down of this website which I cannot allow for obvious reasons. If you need to send your guests a link to another website, please use your personal email account and not your WebBabyShower Guest List Manager.
In addition, and also due to circumstances beyond Lilypad Media’s / WebBabyShower’s control, there is a limit to the number of messages you can send to your Guest List using the Guest List Manager in any 2 hour period. You may add an unlimited number of guests to your Guest List, but you may only send 250 messages in any 2 hour period; any overflow will be queued and sent at a later time by the WebBabyShower email queue. This is to help reduce the total amount of email being sent from the WebBabyShower website and thereby reduce the risk that WebBabyShower gets blacklisted as a spammer, which is a very serious threat to the existence of small businesses like WebBabyShower. Please plan accordingly when sending messages using the WebBabyShower Guest List Manager.
Linking To Online Registries
One of the ways in which Lilypad Media funds the WebBabyShower service is to link to online registries and receive affiliate income for referring business to the online registry services. Please see also the Affiliate Advertisers Disclosure below.
While Lilypad Media makes every effort to link to the correct stores where the expecting parents are registered, each host and each visitor should ensure the accuracy of the online registry BEFORE making any purchases. Lilypad Media cannot be held responsible for purchases made from incorrect registries or for gifts being refused, sent to the wrong recipients or that are otherwise incomplete or incorrect. Lilypad Media is not responsible for content or accuracy of any of the online registries linked to from the Web BabyShower website.
Lilypad Media reserves the right to refuse to link to any other website at any time for any reason.
Links to Other Sites: Each site that Lilypad Media/WebBabyShower links to has its own separate policies regarding use of that site. Lilypad Media is not responsible for content or conduct of sites it links to.
Affiliate Income Disclosure
As mentioned above, one of the ways in which Lilypad Media funds the WebBabyShower virtual baby shower service is by participating in online affiliate programs for both online gift registries and for recommending products and services for traditional, in-person parties in the online baby shower planning guide. If you click on a link to an online store, Lilypad Media / WebBabyShower may receive a small commission for any purchases you make. This revenue helps us keep the WebBabyShower Set Up fee cost-effective. Your personal, shopping and/or financial information is not shared with Lilypad Media / WebBabyShower.
Lilypad Media is not responsible for interference in transmission of data, including, for example, WebBabyShower internet provider being out of service
Disclaimer: IN NO EVENT SHALL LILYPAD MEDIA BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE, OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WEBBABYSHOWER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THE INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS.
Changes To This Website
CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. LILYPAD MEDIA MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THIS WEB SITE AT ANY TIME, WHICH SHALL BE EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING.
ALL RATES AND CONDITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
LILYPAD MEDIA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON
Last Updated August 13, 2020