You might be wondering what kind of games a virtual shower can offer since the attendees aren’t gathering in the same room. It’s not like you can measure the mother’s belly or taste baby food over a video conference. Well, fret not. Where traditional games fall short, baby shower trivia games deliver! If you are looking for printables that you can pair with your virtual shower games, we have you covered here!
While everyone loves traditional games, incorporating baby shower trivia questions into the fold is also a great way to keep things fun and exciting when the guests are separated by distance. Personally, I prefer baby shower trivia because it forces guests to be in the moment. If you think about it, baby shower trivia games and virtual baby showers are actually a match made in heaven!
Don’t believe us? Here are 9 fun baby shower games sure to delight your guests and keep them entertained for hours!
Throw a Virtual Baby Shower So That Everyone Can Celebrate!
• Free Trial – 7 Day Refund for any reason
• Only 1 Minute Setup!
• 40+ Custom Themes & Matching Invites
• Use Any Online Registries You Want
• Send Unlimited Matching Invites and Updates
• Private Video Hosting for everyone
• Baby Shower Games with Scoreboards, Give Prizes!
#9 Baby Animals
Baby animals are the cutest things ever! It’s no wonder that nursery walls and baby merchandise are covered in their likeness. So it’s only fitting that they take center stage in this fun baby shower trivia game.
Hosts, here’s everything you and guests will need to play the game.
- Print out a list of animals with adult and baby animal names. Some answers, like bear and its cub, are common knowledge but since many aren’t, this will prove to be a fun, yet challenging game for guests.
- If playing virtually, send the list to the players by email, or if you are using WebBabyShower you can play it in the games section: for in person games, print out the list
- Instruct the guests to match the adult animal name with the baby name.
- To up the ante, impose a time limit.
- Whoever answers the most questions correctly wins!
#8 Famous Mothers
There’s only one thing the world loves more than celeb babies and that’s the moms who gave them life. There are entire verticals dedicated to famous moms, from the time they announce their pregnancy to the time they introduce their baby to the world. PopSugar Seriously, people are obsessed!
A game to delight any pop culture connoisseur, Famous Mothers is a great way to add a little culture to your baby shower and see what your guests are made up of!
- Hosts, it’s your job to give each guest the name of a famous mom. (The moms can be real-life celebs or even one of our famous fictional moms.)
- The player then stands in front of the group.
- Tell the players to shoot off ‘yes or no’ questions until the guests figure out which famous mother they’ve been assigned.
- Playing virtually is easy too with WebBabyShower, your guests can play this game in their own time too as a matching game.
- The first person who guesses their famous mom wins, but don’t be fooled: it’s not as easy as it sounds!
Tip: To keep things from getting too confusing, the host might also pick moms with super unique characteristics.
#7 Famous Fathers
Famous fathers are just as present in the media as famous mothers. Everyone loves reading about sweet, attentive celebrity fathers, so of course, they also have a game dedicated to them! Famous Fathers follow the same rules as Famous Mothers, except this time, the daddies will take center stage! (Yes, daddies need love too!)
If you know your Brad Pitt’s from your Brad Paisley’s, you should be fine. But if not, you may want to brush up a little on your celebrity gossip. Like the Famous Mother game, you can pick fictional fathers as well — it’s all up to you.
- Hosts give out famous father names to the guys at the shower.
- Players will ask ‘yes or no’ questions until the guests figure out who they are.
- WebBabyShower has this game as a matching game so guests can compete in their own time
- This game can be played with or without a set time limit, but a limit will definitely increase the pressure. Not to mention, it’ll keep the game from dragging on too long, which will drag down the party.
Tip: If your shower is a co-ed shower which most are these days, you can play both famous fathers and mothers at the same time!
#6 Nursery Rhymes
Nursery rhymes are the soundtrack of a baby’s early life. Their first few years are filled with these sweet, melodic rhymes that center family, friendship, and fairy tales. But how well will your guests remember these poems from their own childhood? Sure, everyone probably remembers ‘Rock-A-Bye-Baby,” but what about lesser known rhymes? Hopefully, well enough to fill in the blanks with this fun, nostalgic trivia game!
Test your guests recollection skills by playing the Nursery Rhyme Game.
- As the host, you’ll print out or type up the most memorable lines from classic nursery rhymes, but leave one or two words blank.
- Pass out or print the print out to/for the guests.
- Instruct the guests to guess the missing words.
- Crown the player who guesses the most questions correctly as the winner.
- Your guests can also play this virtually if you choose us to host your shower. With a scoreboard your guests will still get that friendly competition they would get from a in person shower.
#5 A Baby In Any Language
The new baby will inherit a world rich in different languages. And while it’ll be exciting to watch them reach milestones within their native language (just imagine when they say their first word!) preparing them to interact with different languages will enrich their lives in ways that will last forever! Get a head start on introducing the new baby to the other languages of the world with this fun trivia game, “A Baby In Any Language.”
This particular game will test guest’s knowledge on different pronunciations of the word, “baby,” in other languages.
1. Hosts will print up a list of the word “baby” in different languages, then include the correct match in a corresponding key.
2. Hosts will then pass out the materials.
3. Instruct the players to match the word with its language.
4. If you want to make the game harder, you can impose a time limit.
5. Playing virtually using WebBabyShower’s game section makes this easy and you won’t have to print anything out. Simply choose it as one of your games to have on the games page and let your guests play whenever they visit!
For fun: You can also dictate that players must attempt to correctly pronounce the words aloud. (But be prepared to laugh!)
#4 Baby & Pregnancy Trivia
During pregnancy, it’s great for the expectant mother to have the support of her community, but how well do they really know what goes on during those nine months? Baby and Pregnancy trivia will give the mom-to-be an in-depth glance into how many of her friends and families really understand the changes going on with her and her baby’s bodies.
- Print up questions about baby and pregnancy and baby trivia,
- Read out loud to your guests – you can make this multiple choice if ou like.
- Then guests will write down their answers.
- At the end check your guests answers, the player who answers the most questions correctly wins.
- To play virtually you can always send your guests the questions over email and have them email back your answers. Or if you choose WebBabyShower you won’y have to lift a finger other then to check the scores.
Tip: to really spice things up have guests buzz in to answer the questions like a game show.
#3 Twins/Multiples Baby Trivia
What’s better than baby and pregnancy trivia? Twins and multiples trivia, of course! Just like above, the goal of this game is to test the baby shower guests on their knowledge of twins and multiples.
- 1. Create or print out trivia about twins and multiples.
- 2. Quiz the guest about their knowledge of the subject matter. (triple, and quadruple the fun!)
3. Like the other games, a time limit can or cannot be imposed. In the end, it’ll come down to how challenging you want the game to be.
#2 Adoption Baby Trivia
Families come in all different shapes and sizes. Whether or not the mother carried the baby herself or adopted him/her from another family, the only thing that matters is life-long bond that will be created. For families who are going through the adoption process, adoption baby trivia is a great way to introduce the concept to friends and family and get everyone acquainted with the idea.
- Hosts, it’s crucial that you research the adoption process beforehand and handle the topic with sensitivity. and then come up with fun questions for the guests to answer.
- Make sure to exclude questions that “otherize” the new baby and focus on things that promote and celebrate families of all kinds.
- Pass out or send the question to participants.
- Award the person who answers the most questions correctly as the winner.
#1 Baby Songs
You won’t realize how often singers use the word “baby” in songs until you play this fun Baby Song trivia game. Given the venue, it might be best to keep these songs family-friendly, but ultimately it depends on the temperament of the guests. One could also use themed songs, from certain genres or eras. The possibilities are truly endless!
- Hosts, print out a list of songs with the word “baby” in the lyrics.
- Read the lyrics aloud to the guests.
- Instruct the guests to guess the name of the song based on the lyrics.
- Whoever proves to be more musically inclined will win it all!
- If you choose us to host your shower, we take out the leg work and guests can simply answer our premade “baby song” questions online!
We hope that these games gave you an idea of the virtual fun that baby shower trivia games can offer you. But remember, these are just a few games that moms can have enjoy at their virtual baby shower. There’s a near endless list of baby shower trivia that guests can partake in. Likewise, hosts should feel free to put their own spin on any of the above games listed.
If you’re still on the fence about whether or not a virtual shower is right for you, know that these games pack in just as much fun as more traditional games that require in-person participants. But ultimately, the only thing a mom-to-be needs to have a great shower is the love and support of her community, be it friends, family, or co-workers.
One last thing: don’t count these baby shower trivia games out for traditional showers, either! They can hold their weight among all the baby-food-tasting, blind-folded-diaper -changing games out there!
Did you enjoy this article? If so, please take time to share it with your friends and family, especially those embarking on the beautiful journey that is motherhood.