Baby Shower Toast
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese, preferably Parmigiano Reggiano
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed or minced
- ¼ tsp. grated black pepper
- 24 slices good-quality wheat bread
- Special Equipment: Cookie cutter in the shape of a stork, baby carriage or your favorite shape
- Heat the oven to 400°F. In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic and pepper.
- Lay the bread on a work surface and cut each slice with the cookie cutter of your choice. Spread about 2 teaspoons of the mayonnaise mixture evenly onto each shape. Arrange them on a large baking sheet and bake until golden and bubbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve immediately.
Baby Shower Menu and Recipes written by Jill Polay. Jill is a food writer and mom living, eating, and playing in Central Oregon. Prior to becoming a mama, she owned Holistic Gourmet Cooking School at Lake Tahoe, California.