Baby Shower Menu and Recipes
Hosting a baby shower is a wonderful honor and serving delicious and creative food is an important part of creating a memorable gathering. Unless you are hosting an intimate gathering where a sit-down meal would be ideal, you might consider offering a buffet-style meal, with a variety of dishes for you guests to choose from. Set your foods around the room to encourage guests to mingle.
Food for a Baby Shower: Traditional Showers
Late morning is a great time to host a baby shower. It is well before the mama-to-be needs her afternoon nap and brunch is such a versatile meal.
If you have an afternoon baby shower planned, try a lunch menu that focuses on ease and a variety of flavors, colors and textures for a visually and tastefully appealing meal. Entice your guests with the following recipes, which can all be assembled ahead of time.
A variety of cheese and crackers, as well as bottled sparkling water and juices, would also make a nice addition to the menu. For an extra-special touch, order personalized baby shower cookies or cupcakes from a local bakery for dessert.
If you are not hosting a virtual baby shower, scroll down to the Late Morning Baby Shower Brunch Menu and the Afternoon Luncheon Baby Shower Menu!
Baby Shower Food: Virtual
This is a tough one! Culturally, it is ingrained in us to celebrate with a meal, so serving food to guests of a virtual baby shower is something everyone asks about, but not everyone pulls off. Here are some ideas for you:
- Skip it — it’s a virtual shower, no one will be offended at not being offered virtual food to eat (LOL)
- Gift Certificates to popular coffee or tea houses (possibly can be delivered electronically / email)
- Baby shower food favors such as candy bars, cookies or candies (requires mailing)
- Online meal or grocery delivery services; expensive but would certainly impress your guests!
If you think of anything else, please let me know!
- Feta, Sun-Dried Tomatoes And Basil Frittata Recipe
- Potato And Cheddar Frittata
- Banana Coconut Muffins
- Cinnamon Blueberry Bread
- Baby Shower Fruit Salad
- Baby Shower Party Punch
- Donna’s Amazing Artichoke Dip
- Pesto & Feta Pinwheels
- Red, White & Orange Crudités Platter
- Parmesan, Tomato and Corn Pie
- Pasta Salad With Mozzarella, Sun-Dried Tomatoes And Olives
- Baby Shower Toast
Baby Shower Menu and Recipes written by Jill Abell. Jill is a food writer and mom living, eating, and playing in Central Oregon. Prior to becoming a mama, she owned Holistic Gourmet Cooking School at Lake Tahoe, California.